#BraaiSpicedCoffeeRubbedShortRibs #BBQribs #Braaing #ShortRibs #CoffeeRub
This Braai-Spiced Coffee-Rubbed Short Ribs recipe is perfect for a casual braai gathering. The ribs are rubbed with a mixture of coffee, herbs, and spices, then slowly cooked over a medium-hot braai fire until they are succulent and tender. Enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes and a crisp green salad.
– 2kg short ribs
– 2 tablespoons coarsely ground coffee
– 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 2 teaspoons onion powder
– 2 teaspoons black pepper
– 2 teaspoons dried oregano
– 2 teaspoons dried thyme
– 2 teaspoons sea salt
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat the braai to medium-hot (180°C/350°F).
2. In a small bowl, mix together the ground coffee, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, oregano, thyme, and sea salt.
3. Place the short ribs in a large bowl and rub the spice mixture over both sides.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and minced garlic.
5. Brush the ribs with the olive oil mixture.
6. Place the ribs on the preheated braai and cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
7. Reduce the heat to low (150°C/300°F) and cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until the ribs are cooked through and tender.
8. Serve hot with your favorite sides and enjoy!