Smoked Paprika and Chorizo Braai Potato Salad
This Smoked Paprika and Chorizo Braai Potato Salad is a delicious and spicy side dish. Combining spicy chorizo sausage with smoked paprika, this potato salad has a smoky flavor that is sure to please.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, diced
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the potato cubes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat the potatoes with the oil.
- Spread the potatoes onto the preheated grill and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the onion and garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper over the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Remove the potatoes from the grill and transfer to a large bowl. Add in the mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, and chorizo sausage. Stir to combine.
- Serve the potato salad warm or chilled.