#RooibosTeaMilktart #Rooibos #Tea #Delicious
This Rooibos Tea Milktart is infused with the flavor of Rooibos tea in the custard, making it a delicious and unique dessert. The tart is made with a buttery pastry crust and a creamy custard filling, topped with a dusting of nutmeg and cinnamon. The perfect way to finish a meal!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
– 1/4 cup cold water
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups whole milk
– 3 tablespoons Rooibos tea, brewed
– 2 eggs
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons butter, melted
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, butter, water, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until a dough forms.
3. Place the dough into a 9-inch tart pan and press into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
4. Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and Rooibos tea over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cornstarch, melted butter, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
7. Pour the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture and whisk to combine.
8. Pour the custard mixture into the pre-baked tart shell. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!