Mediterranean Braai Potato Salad
This Mediterranean Braai Potato Salad is a delicious way to incorporate olives, feta cheese, and a light olive oil dressing with Mediterranean herbs into a classic potato salad. It is sure to be a hit at any summer gathering!
- 2 pounds of potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup of pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the cubed potatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- To the same bowl, add the chopped olives, crumbled feta cheese, and the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Heat a large braai or grill over medium-high heat.
- Add the potato salad to the braai and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Remove the potato salad from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.