Bacon and Spring Onion Braai Potato Salad
This tasty and easy-to-make Bacon and Spring Onion Braai Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for your next summer braai. It’s creamy potato base is complimented by the crunch of bacon bits and the freshness of chopped spring onions, making it an all-round crowd pleaser.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Add the salt, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon and cook until the onion is softened and the bacon is crisp, about 8 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, bacon, spring onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Transfer the potato salad to a serving bowl and garnish with additional bacon and spring onions, if desired.
- Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.