#raspberrykoeksisters #homemaderaspberrysyrup #dessert #delicious #sweet #treat #dessertrecipe
Try this delicious Raspberry Koeksisters with Homemade Raspberry Syrup, a sweet treat perfect for any occasion. This recipe combines the sweet and sticky koeksisters with a homemade raspberry syrup to create a delightful dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 quart vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the melted butter and warm water, and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each part into a rope about 12 inches in length. Cut each rope into 2-inch pieces, then shape each piece into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan until it reaches 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the dough balls in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the raspberry preserves, sugar, and water. Cook over medium heat until the ingredients are combined and the syrup is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Dip the fried koeksisters into the syrup and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make the Homemade Raspberry Syrup, combine the raspberry preserves, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the ingredients are combined and the syrup is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the raspberry syrup over the warm or cooled koeksisters.