#MatchaKoeksisters #MatchaSyrup #DeliciousDesserts #TeaTimeTreats #SweetTreats #GreenTea #UniqueFlavor
Matcha Koeksisters with Matcha Syrup
A unique twist on a classic South African dessert – Matcha Koeksisters with Matcha Syrup. This delicious sweet treat is a combination of crunchy koeksisters dipped in a green tea flavored syrup. The perfect tea time snack to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons matcha powder
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter and mix with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the cold water until the dough comes together. Knead the dough until it is smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut out circles about 3 inches in diameter.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F.
- Fry the koeksisters in batches, flipping occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the koeksisters on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the matcha powder until fully dissolved.
- Pour the matcha syrup over the koeksisters and serve.