#GrilledCorn #ChipotleBraai #Coleslaw #BBQ #SummerGrilling #GrillMaster #GrillSeason #GrillNight
Grilled Corn and Chipotle-Dressed Braai Coleslaw
This refreshing summer salad combines sweet grilled corn and a zesty, smoky Chipotle-dressed coleslaw. It’s perfect for a BBQ feast and makes a delicious side dish for any grilled main.
- 4 ears of corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly then cut kernels off of the cob.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, chipotle, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red onion, cilantro, and grilled corn.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and toss to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the coleslaw and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until the cabbage is lightly wilted.
- Serve the coleslaw warm or at room temperature.