#grilledcoleslaw #roastednuts #seeds #cooking #dinner #healthymeals #recipeideas #delicious
Grilled Coleslaw with Roasted Nuts and Seeds
This delicious and healthy dinner idea is perfect for a hot summer night. Grilled coleslaw, roasted nuts, and seeds are combined with a light vinaigrette dressing to create an exciting, flavorful dish. The grilled coleslaw is full of crunchy vegetables and the roasted nuts and seeds add a nutty flavor and texture. This combination of flavors will have you coming back for more!
- 1 head of cabbage (grated)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the grated cabbage, chopped red onion, and grated carrot in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to create the vinaigrette dressing.
- Pour the vinaigrette dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Place the cabbage mixture onto the preheated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the cabbage is cooking, spread the sunflower seeds and walnuts on a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the cabbage is done cooking, remove from the heat and toss with the roasted nuts and seeds.
- Serve the grilled coleslaw with roasted nuts and seeds immediately.