Braai Coleslaw with Roasted Nuts and Seeds
This delicious Braai Coleslaw with Roasted Nuts and Seeds is a perfect side dish for any summer barbecue. It’s packed with flavour and nutrition and is sure to be a hit with your guests. The combination of crunchy cabbage, fragrant herbs, nutty roasted nuts and seeds, and a zesty dressing makes this the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, or cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews, almonds, walnuts, or other nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or other seeds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded red and green cabbage, herbs, and roasted nuts and seeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to create the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the coleslaw with your favourite grilled meat, fish, or vegetable.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.