Braai Coleslaw with Pear and Gorgonzola Cheese
This delicious coleslaw is a perfect side dish for a braai. It combines the sweetness of pear with the sharpness of gorgonzola cheese, making it a unique and flavorful side.
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large pear, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Add the diced pear and gorgonzola cheese to the bowl and mix together until evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Transfer the coleslaw to a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Fold the foil over the coleslaw and seal tightly.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the coleslaw is heated through.
- Remove the foil packet from the grill and serve immediately.