Braai Coleslaw with Beets and Balsamic Glaze
This braai coleslaw with beets and balsamic glaze is a delicious side dish that is perfect for any occasion. Made with fresh beets, a tangy balsamic glaze, and crunchy cabbage, this dish is sure to be a hit!
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 2 large beets, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place cubed beets on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage and roasted beets. Add in balsamic glaze and mix until evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Remove from refrigerator and serve.