Braai Coleslaw with Kale and Creamy Avocado Dressing
This delicious, easy-to-make coleslaw is perfect for a summer BBQ or potluck. The crunchy kale and coleslaw mix is combined with a creamy avocado dressing for an extra-fresh flavor.
- 2 cups of shredded kale
- 2 cups of shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded kale and coleslaw mix.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocado and stir in the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour the avocado dressing over the kale and coleslaw mix and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and stir again.
- Serve chilled.
- Optional: garnish with fresh parsley or chives.