Braai Coleslaw with Ginger and Honey Mustard Dressing
This delicious braai coleslaw is a perfect side dish to any braai. With a tangy and sweet honey mustard dressing, the coleslaw is complemented perfectly by the addition of ginger for a unique and delicious flavour.
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, red onion and carrots. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, ginger, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat.
- Place the coleslaw onto the preheated grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are slightly charred and the dressing is hot.
- Remove the coleslaw from the grill and serve warm.