Braai Coleslaw with Dried Cranberries and Poppy Seed Dressing
This tasty braai coleslaw is a perfect side dish for any outdoor gathering. The combination of crunchy coleslaw, sweet cranberries, and nutty poppy seed dressing makes this dish a hit with all types of eaters.
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and grated carrots.
2. Add in the dried cranberries and mix everything together.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrot mixture and mix everything together until it is evenly coated.
5. Put the coleslaw onto a serving platter and place it onto the braai to heat for about 10 minutes.
6. Turn the coleslaw occasionally to ensure it heats evenly.
7. Once the coleslaw is heated through, remove it from the heat and serve.