- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- handful of flat-leaf parsley
- large pinch of sumac
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses, plus a drizzle
- 80g bulgur wheat
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp chilli jam
- 4 ready-made lamb kebabs
- 6 tbsp hummus
- Make the salad by mixing together the tomatoes, onion, parsley, sumac, extra-virgin olive oil and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses in a bowl with some seasoning.Cook the bulgur wheat in a large pan of boiling water with the stock cube, following the pack instructions. Mix the pomegranate molasses and chilli jam together in a bowl to make a glaze.
- Heat a barbecue until hot, with the coals spread out evenly. Lightly oil the lamb kebabs and grill on the barbecue for 8-10 mins, turning regularly, until charred and cooked through. Brush the kebabs with the glaze and cook for another minute until sticky. If you are not using a barbecue, cook the lamb skewers on a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Spread the hummus onto a platter or two plates, pile on the tomato salad and top with the kebabs. Take to the table and serve with the bulgur on the side.