Skip to content
- 50g butter, softened
- Tabasco jalapeño sauce
- 1 small spring onion, very finely chopped
- 2 sirloin steak
- ground cumin
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 10 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced½ lime, juiced
- chopped to make 2 tbsp coriander
- Mash the butter with some Tabasco and the spring onion.
- Form it into a sausage by rolling it in clingfilm and freeze.
- Rub the steak all over with olive oil, then season with salt, pepper and a good pinch of cumin.
- Heat a braai to high and chargrill the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side. Hold down on the fat side to crisp it up.
- Toss the avocado, tomatoes, onion, lime and coriander with seasoning and a pinch of cumin.
- Serve with the steak and add a slice of jalapeño butter to each.