- 3 large heads garlic (peeled into cloves)
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh oregano leaves
- juice of two limes
- juice of two oranges
- salt to taste (at least ½ teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the garlic cloves in a single layer in a pan or baking dish. Cover with the oil.
- Bake at 400f/200c for 30 minutes, or longer until the garlic has developed a golden color. Remove the cloves from the oil.
- In a food processor, combine the lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper and oregano leaves. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the garlic cloves and pulse again.
- Turn the processor on, and slowly add the oil in a steady stream.
- Add more salt, if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, some oil will settle to the top.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!