For more similar awesome steak braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- Prime rib roast (choose the desired size based on the number of servings needed)
- Butter, softened
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Dried oregano
- Fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- Black pepper
- Prepare the Meat: Remove the prime rib from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking to bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat the BBQ: Preheat your BBQ grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix Together Garlic Butter Herb Sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped thyme, dried oregano, chopped rosemary, salt, and black pepper to create the garlic butter herb sauce.
- Rub the Meat: Rub the garlic butter herb sauce all over the outside of the prime rib, ensuring it is evenly coated. Let the flavors penetrate the meat.
- Grill the Prime Rib: Place the prime rib on the preheated BBQ grill. Cook for approximately 15 minutes per pound of meat, turning occasionally to sear and cook evenly. Reduce the heat to medium or move the prime rib to an indirect heat zone if your grill has one. Continue grilling until the internal temperature reaches your desired doneness.
- Check the Internal Temperature: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the prime rib. For medium-rare, aim for an internal temperature of 55-57 degrees Celsius (130-135 degrees Fahrenheit). Adjust the grilling time accordingly.
- Let the Meat Rest: Remove the prime rib from the grill and tent it loosely with foil. Allow it to rest for at least 20 minutes. During this time, the internal temperature will continue to rise, reaching around 60-65 degrees Celsius (140-150 degrees Fahrenheit) for medium-rare.
Slice and Serve: After the resting period, remove the foil and carve the prime rib into thick slices. Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the prime rib. It’s essential to use a meat thermometer to ensure your desired level of doneness. Adjust the grilling time and temperature as needed.