For more the best summer braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 2 1/2 lb.red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ¾” pieces
- 1small red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp.sugar, divided
- 2/3 c.and 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp.dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp.whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp.dill
- In a small bowl add red onion then cover ⅔ cup apple cider vinegar, ⅓ cup water, 1 tsp sugar, a heavy pinch of salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Mix to combine and so that the salt and sugar dissolve and chill. Little onions pickle for at least 20 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Step 2In a large pot of salted boiling water, add potatoes and allow to cook until tender but not falling apart, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and cool completely.
- Step 3In a large bowl whisk together mayo, 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, dijon, whole grain mustard and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pickled onions and add them along with the potatoes and celery to the bowl. Toss to coat completely and serve.