For more of the best pork braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat a gas grill for high heat, or arrange charcoal briquettes on one side of the barbeque. Lightly oil the grate.
- Combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small jar; close the lid and shake to mix.
- Trim the membrane sheath from the back of each rack. Run a small, sharp knife between the membrane and each rib, and snip off the membrane as much as possible. Sprinkle as much of the rub onto both sides of ribs as desired.
- To prevent ribs from becoming too dark and spicy, do not thoroughly rub spices into ribs. Store any unused spice mix in a jar for future use.
- Place aluminum foil on the lower rack to capture drippings and prevent flare-ups. Lay ribs on the top rack of the grill (away from the coals, if you’re using briquettes). Reduce gas heat to low, close lid, and leave ribs undisturbed for 1 hour. Do not lift the lid at all.
- Brush ribs with barbecue sauce, and grill for an additional 5 minutes. Serve ribs as a whole rack, or cut between each rib bone and pile individually on a platter.