For more similar cucumber braai salad and other braai side dishes recipes click here! more recipes…
- 6 (900g total) Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup (60ml) grapeseed oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (15g) fried Asian shallots
- Shichimi togarashi, to serve
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2cm piece fresh ginger (10g), finely grated
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp shichimi togarashi
- Preheat a braai grill to high.
- Toss cucumber halves in 1 tbs oil.
- Grill, cut side down, for 3 minutes or until lightly charred. Set aside.
- Place remaining 2 tbs oil in a small frypan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove and drain on paper towel.
- For the sesame dressing, place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Arrange grilled cucumber on a serving platter and spoon over the dressing.
- Top with garlic and fried shallots. Sprinkle with shichimi togarashi to serve.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.