For more similar awesome chicken braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 450g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 6 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/3 cup (100g) eggplant pickle (from Indian/asian supermarket)
- 3 tsp garam masala (Indian spice mix)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4cm piece (20g) ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sunflower oil
- Thinly sliced long green chilli & nigella seeds, to serve
CORIANDER AND GREEN CHILLI DRESSING
- 1/3 cup (95g) Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 bunch coriander, stalks and leaves chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 long green chilli, chopped
- For the dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz to combine. Transfer to a bowl and chill until needed.
- Thread chicken and eggplant onto skewers, alternating between each. Using a mortar and pestle, pound leaves of 3 sprigs curry leaves until finely ground. Add pickle, garam masala, garlic, ginger and oil, and stir to combine. Brush pickle mixture over skewers.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue to medium heat. Grill skewers, turning frequently and brushing with cooking juices, for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and eggplant is tender. Add the remaining 3 curry leaf sprigs to the grill for the last 4 minutes of cooking to crisp slightly.
- Place skewers on a serving platter and top with grilled curry leaves, sliced chilli and nigella seeds. Serve with dressing.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
chicken on the braai – braai marinade for chicken – braai chicken marinade – braai chicken – chicken braai recipes – chicken braai recipe – braai recipes