For more similar awesome braai dessert recipes click here! more braai dessert recipes…
One of South Africa’s best braai dessert! Braai Dessert Pie is a South African dish made with a pastry crust and a savory or sweet filling. The filling is usually made with meat, vegetables, and a sauce, and the pie is often served with a side of rice or potatoes. This is a spin on the classic braai pie , making it an awesome dessert to round off your next braai and blow your guests minds!
- 2 x 400g rolls of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 x 360g tin Nestlé Caramel Treat
- 1 x 410g tin pear slices (syrup or juice drained)
- 1 handful pecan nuts
- fresh cream or ice cream, to serve
- Roll out 1 of the rolls of puff pastry onto a clasping braai grid. Liberally spread caramel on the puff pastry.
- Layer with the pear slices. Crush the pecan nuts and sprinkle this over. Cover with the remaining roll of puff pastry and close your grid.
- Place over a medium to low fire and turn regularly. Your braai pie is ready once the puff pastry is puffed and golden and cooked through.
- Remove from fire and cut into slices using the grid marks as a guide.
- Serve with fresh cream or ice cream.