For more similar awesome chicken braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 medium-size jalapeño peppers, seeded
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro (about 3 cups loosely packed leaves)
- 2 bunches fresh mint (about 1 cup loosely packed leaves)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 small skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Assorted chopped fresh herbs
- Naan bread
- Preheat grill to 200°c to 300°c (medium-high) heat. Process first 4 ingredients and 1/4 cup water in a blender until smooth. Add mint and next 3 ingredients, and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Rub 1/2 cup cilantro mixture over chicken; cover and chill 10 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cilantro mixture for Grilled Chicken Naan Pizza and 1/2 cup to serve with chicken.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill tomato halves 3 to 5 minutes or just until they begin to blister. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with desired amount of olive oil, and top with chopped fresh herbs. Grill naan 1 to 2 minutes on each side or just until puffy and soft.
- Reserve 6 chicken thighs and 4 tomato halves for Grilled Chicken Naan Pizza. Serve remaining chicken and tomatoes with grilled naan bread and reserved 1/2 cup cilantro mixture.
- LEFTOVER DINNER: Grilled Chicken Naan Pizza: Preheat oven to 250°c. Thinly slice 6 Grilled Spicy Cilantro Chicken thighs. Place 2 naan breads on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; spread each with 1 Tbsp. reserved cilantro mixture; layer each with 1/2 cup sliced chicken, 4 reserved plum tomato halves, and 4 fresh mozzarella cheese slices. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with arugula. Serve with remaining cilantro mixture. Makes 4 servings.
Get ingredients for this recipe here