#spicedmilktart #unique #tasty
Spiced Milktart Recipe
This classic South African dessert is given a unique flavor profile with a mix of spices like cardamom and ginger. Perfect for a special occasion, this Spiced Milktart will be a hit with your family and friends!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, flour, and salt until crumbly. Gradually stir in the cold water until dough forms.
- Press dough into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Prick dough with a fork several times. Bake for 12 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg yolks, condensed milk, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla. Pour into the pre-baked pastry shell.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Brush top of tart with melted butter and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving. Enjoy!