#applecinnamonmilktart #tartrecipes #deliciousdessert
This delicious Apple Cinnamon Milktart is a traditional South African dessert that is sure to delight! The tart features a creamy custard filling with sautéed apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon, all encased in a flaky pastry crust.
– 1 prepared pastry crust
– 4 large apples, peeled and diced
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 2 cups full-fat milk
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Place prepared pastry crust in a 9-inch pie dish and spread the sautéed apples evenly over the bottom of the crust.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, eggs, flour, and vanilla extract until well combined.
5. Pour the custard mixture over the apples in the pastry crust.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the filling is set and the top is lightly browned.
7. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!