#CaffeinatedCoffeeKoeksisters #Coffee #Koeksisters #Bakery #Delicious #HomeBaking #Treats #Yummy
Caffeinated Coffee Koeksisters Recipe
These Caffeinated Coffee Koeksisters are the perfect treat for coffee lovers. Sweet, crunchy, and delicious, they make a great addition to any bakery or home baking session. The dough is made of ingredients 1, 2, and 3 and then deep fried until golden brown. The fried koeksisters are then soaked in a syrup made of sugar, coffee, and a hint of cinnamon. Enjoy a unique and tasty treat with a caffeine kick!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add the cold water, stirring until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions. Roll each portion out on a floured surface until it forms a long rope-like shape. Cut the ropes into 1-inch pieces. Roll the pieces into small balls.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or deep skillet to 375°F (190°C). Fry the dough balls in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove the koeksisters from the oil using a slotted spoon and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and coffee. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the syrup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the hot koeksisters to a bowl and pour the syrup over them. Gently stir the koeksisters until they are evenly coated. Allow the koeksisters to cool and the syrup to harden before serving.
- Store leftover koeksisters in an airtight container for up to 3 days.