Pistachio nut-crusted salmon cooked on a braai (South African barbecue) sounds delicious! Here’s a simple recipe to help you prepare this flavorful dish:
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your braai (barbecue) to medium-high heat.
- In a food processor, pulse the pistachio nuts until they are finely chopped. Be careful not to over-process, as you want a textured crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped pistachios, olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix well to form a paste-like consistency.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel and place them skin-side down on a clean plate or cutting board.
- Spread the pistachio mixture evenly on the flesh side of each salmon fillet, pressing gently to adhere the crust.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, on the preheated braai grill. Close the lid and cook for about 4-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets. The crust should be golden brown, and the salmon should be opaque and flake easily with a fork.
- Carefully remove the salmon fillets from the grill and transfer them to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Serve the pistachio nut-crusted salmon hot, accompanied by lemon wedges for squeezing over the fish. It pairs well with a side of grilled vegetables or a fresh salad.
Enjoy your pistachio nut-crusted salmon cooked to perfection on the braa