- 800g lamb mince
- 2 tbsp or 1 tbsp of dried chilli flakes urfa chilli flakes, (see recipe below)
- 4 tsp sumac
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- finely chopped to make 4 tbsp flat-leaf parsley stalks
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- ½ a small bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, plus extra for serving
- 1 tbsp sumac
- flatbreads, yogurt, pickled chillies and tomatoes
- Prepare the BBQ for direct cooking by spreading the coals in an even layer.
- To make the kebabs, combine the lamb mince with all the other ingredients and lots of seasoning.
- Mix well with your hands, as if you are kneading bread, for 5 minutes. Form into 12 kebabs and thread onto metal skewers.
- Put the onions into a bowl of iced water for 20 minutes. Drain well, then tip into a bowl and mix with the parsley, sumac and some seasoning.
- Cook the kebabs for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through and charred. (Alternatively, heat the grill to high and cook the kebabs for 8 minutes, turning halfway, until charred and cooked through.)
- Serve with the sumac onions, flatbreads, yogurt, tomatoes, pickled chillies and more parsley.