- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. chili garlic sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- 1 KG. chicken wings
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, garlic, and ginger. Set aside ½ cup of mixture.
- Add chicken wings to remaining marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat braai to at least 200°c . Remove wings from marinade and place on braai.
- Cover and bake until golden and crispy, 50 to 60 minutes, flipping wings constantly throughout.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until thickened, 10 minutes.
- Brush sauce over wings and braai until caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes.