For the chicken pasta salad
- 120g/4¼oz farfalle pasta
- 3 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 120g/4¼oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g/5½oz leftover roast chicken, cut or shredded into bite-sized pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the buttermilk ranch dressing
- 2½ tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 0% fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- large pinch sea salt
- large handful fresh chives, snipped
- To make the pasta salad, cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted, boiling water for 10–12 minutes, or as per packet instructions. Drain the pasta and rinse under the cold tap to cool and wash off any excess starch. Drain well again.
- Preheat the grill to medium–high and cook the bacon until crispy.
- Set aside to cool, patting off as much excess fat as possible with a piece of kitchen paper. Chop into small pieces.
- To make the dressing, whisk the buttermilk, mayonnaise and yoghurt in a small bowl. Add the garlic clove, sea salt and chives and stir well.
- Return the pasta to the saucepan and stir in the dressing, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and chicken. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!