Skip to content
For more of the best braai greek salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 2kg medium desiree potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped into 5cm pieces
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 dried chorizo, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 3 cups chopped mixed herbs (we used dill, parsley, mint & oregano), plus extra to serve
- 1 spring onion, cut into rounds
- 1 cup (200g) feta, cut into thin slices
- Place potato in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water.
- Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Drain and cool slightly, then place in a bowl and toss with 2 tbs vinegar and 1 tbs oil. Season and set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tbs oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes until crispy.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and herbs in a bowl with remaining 1 tbs vinegar.
- Coat potatoes in mayonnaise dressing and scatter with extra herbs, spring onion, feta and chorizo to serve.