For more similar awesome braai dessert recipes click here! more braai dessert recipes…
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apricot jelly
- 1 ⅓ cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water, orange juice, or sherry
- Preheat oven to 175 C. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine together with vinegar and milk. Remove from heat, and set aside. Meanwhile, sift flour, baking soda, and salt together into a separate bowl.
- Beat 1 cup sugar and eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy and light colored, about 5 minutes. Gradually mix in the apricot jam. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture alternately with warmed milk mixture using a spatula. Pour batter into a greased, 1 quart oven-proof baking dish.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place cream, butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and stir over moderate heat until the butter has melted and sugar is dissolved. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove pudding from the oven, pierce several times with a skewer or fork, and pour the hot cream mixture immediately over the pudding. Serve hot or cold.