Old Bay–Spiced Braai Potato Salad for winter braai recipe
- 1kg baby yellow potatoes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 c. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh dill, roughly chopped
Old Bay spice blend, you can follow this simple recipe:
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground bay leaves (optional)
- Place potatoes in medium pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, add 1/2 tablespoon salt, reduce heat, and simmer until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring medium saucepan of water to a boil. Gently add eggs and cook to desired doneness (6 minutes for jammy yolks). Transfer to ice water to cool; drain and peel.
- In large bowl, toss onion with vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and let sit, tossing occasionally, until potatoes are ready.
- Drain potatoes and run under cold water to cool. Drain well and pat dry, then cut in half.
- Whisk oil, mustard, and Old Bay seasoning into onion mixture. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Fold in parsley and dill. Halve eggs and add to potatoes just before serving.