- 800g beef or lamb mince
- 1 small onion, finely grated or finely chopped
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 flatbreads
- handful of mint leaves
- pinch of sumac, to serve
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted, to serve
- 150g feta, crumbed
- 50g full-fat greek yogurt
- 2 carrots, julienned
- ¼ white or red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 spring onions, julienned
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Combine the mince, onion, spices and some seasoning in a bowl and pound with clean hands until really well combined.
- Divide into 12 balls and mould onto metal skewers. Chill until ready to cook.
- Put the feta and yogurt in a small blender and whizz until smooth and creamy. Toss the slaw veg in a large bowl, then whisk the tahini, oil, lemon, a splash of water and a pinch of salt until the consistency of single cream, and fold through the veg. Taste and add more lemon or salt, if you like.
- Heat the BBQ and let the larger flames die down, or heat the grill to high. Grill the kofte for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Spoon the whipped feta over the warmed flatbreads and add the kofte. Serve with the slaw alongside, and sprinkle over the mint leaves, sumac and pine nuts to serve.