For more similar awesome winter braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
Braai Salad Recipe Ideas, Braai Side Dish Recipe Ideas, Vegan Braai Salad Recipe Ideas, Winter Braai Recipe Ideas
Vegans and meat lovers will both love this original braai recipes idea, perfect for both summer and winter braai´s
- 2 c. canola oil, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 1/2 c. packed baby spinach, divided
- 2 x 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- 6 oz. roughly torn baguette (about 4 cups)
- 2 pt.
- (4 cups) grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat oven to 225°c. Attach a deep-fry thermometer to a small pot, add canola oil and heat to 190°c.
- In a food processor, pulse garlic, yellow onion and 1/2 cup spinach until very finely chopped. Add chickpeas, flour, cumin, coriander and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pulse to combine (chickpeas should be chopped but coarse). Form mixture into 2-Tbsp balls and fry in batches until golden brown, turning as necessary, 4 minutes. (Note: Oil must remain between 220°c and 230°c or balls will fall apart; adjust heat as needed.)
- In a food processor, pulse baguette to form coarse crumbs; transfer to baking sheet and toast until dry and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, lemon juice, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Finely chop remaining 4 cups spinach and fold into salad. Top with crumbs and serve with falafel.