- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 boerewors sausages
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, and chili flakes to the pan and stir to combine.
- Pour in the can of chopped tomatoes and add the brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir the mixture together and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook the boerewors sausages on the braai or grill until they are browned and cooked through.
- Serve the sausages with the relish on top or on the side.
You must be logged in to post a comment.