#Braai #TamarindGlazed #GrilledPrawns #Delicious #Yummy
This delicious braai dish is made with tamarind glazed grilled prawns! The sweet, sour and spicy flavour of the tamarind glaze enhances the taste of the grilled prawns. To prepare this dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg large prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat a charcoal grill to medium-high heat (about 200°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the tamarind paste, honey, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and lime juice. Mix well to combine.
- Add the prawns to the bowl and toss to evenly coat with the tamarind glaze. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Thread the prawns onto metal skewers, making sure to leave enough space between each prawn.
- Grill the prawns on the preheated grill for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove the prawns from the skewers and serve with the remaining tamarind glaze and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.