Ingredients: For the crust:
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rum (optional)
For the topping:
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Crush the digestive biscuits into fine crumbs and mix with the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish to create the crust.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, then set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the condensed milk, whole milk, mint leaves, lime juice, and zest.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cornstarch, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the rum (if using).
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- Serve chilled, garnished with fresh mint leaves and lime wedges.
By adding rum to the recipe, you’ll give the Mojito Milktart a delicious boozy kick that’s sure to impress your guests. Be sure to use only a small amount of rum, as too much can overpower the other flavors in the dessert. Enjoy!