Skip to content
- 1 tbsp hot-smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 12 skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm chunks
- a large handful mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-2 red chillies, sliced
- cooked basmati rice
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled and cut into thick round slices
- Light the barbecue. Combine the paprika, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with some salt. Mix to a paste and combine with the diced chicken, mixing well. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Combine the sugar and lime juice in a large bowl. Add the pineapple slices and mix well, making sure every slice is coated.
- Barbecue the pineapple slices until lightly charred on both sides. Once cool enough to handle, dice the flesh, discarding the tough cores.
- Put the chicken meat onto six skewers and cook over direct braai heat for 20-25 minutes, turning regularly, or until cooked through and lightly charred at the edges.
- Top the pineapple with the mint, sesame seeds and red chillies. Serve with the chicken and rice.