Skip to content
For more similar awesome chicken braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1kg chicken wings, tips removed and cut in half at the joint
- vegetable oil
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 100ml fish sauce
- 150g caster sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the chicken wings, coat well and chill for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- Remove the wings and pat dry with kitchen paper. Add the marinade ingredients to a pan and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until syrupy.
- Heat a barbecue until medium-high (or for oven cooking, see cook’s notes).
- Add the wings to a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp of oil and some seasoning.
- Grill for 20-25 minutes, turning regularly, until really chargrilled and crisp.Remove from the barbecue and toss with the reduced marinade. Serve with lime wedges.