- 4 lb.mix of bone-in chicken thighs, breasts, and drumsticks
- 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 green onions, cut into thirds
- 1 2″-piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 jalapeño, halved
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and sesame oil. Whisk to combine, until honey is fully dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl or bag. Cover or seal and refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to overnight. Flip the bag occasionally to insure even marination.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to braai , arranging chicken pieces in an even layer, skin-side up.
- Braa uncovered for 15 to 25 minutes, basting throughout through until the internal temperature reaches 90°c. Cook to desired readiness.