Skip to content
For more similar delicious braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1 cup (220g) risoni
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds on an angle
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 25g punnet red vein sorrel leaves (from specialty grocers or markets – substitute baby spinach leaves)
- 100g gorgonzola dolce, crumbled
- 350g mixed seedless grapes (we used red and black grapes)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Finely grated zest & juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- For the marinated grapes, place all the ingredients in a bowl with 1 tsp salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Set aside for at least 1 hour to marinate. (This can be done up to 1 day ahead. Marinate in the fridge and bring to room temperature to serve.)
- Drain grapes, reserving the marinade, and set aside.
- Cook risoni in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 6 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- Drain, then toss with half the reserved marinade from the grapes and set aside to cool.
- Blanch asparagus and sugar snap peas in a saucepan of salted boiling water, then refresh in iced water. Drain. Cut peas in half lengthways.
- To serve, toss risoni with the asparagus and sugar snap peas.
- Arrange on a serving platter with the red vein sorrel, gorgonzola and marinated grapes. Drizzle with remaining grape marinade to serve.