For more similar awesome lamb braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1.1kg butterflied lamb leg, trimmed of excess fat, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 apricots, halved, pitted
- 2/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, divided
- 1 cup red grapes (160g), halved
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 spring onion (about 35g total), thinly sliced
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and the couscous and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the couscous is lightly browned and toasted. Add 2 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes, or until the couscous is tender with a bit of a bite. Drain the couscous well and set aside to cool while the lamb cooks.
- Prepare a barbecue for medium-high heat. In a large bowl, mix the paprika, cayenne (if using), ground coriander, cumin and garlic powder with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt flakes and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Add the lamb and 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and toss to coat. Thread the lamb onto 8 skewers. Braai the skewers, rotating as needed, for about 8 minutes in total, or until the lamb is charred all over and cooked to medium-rare doneness. Set aside to rest.
- Brush the fresh apricot halves with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil and barbecue the apricots for about 3 minutes, or until char marks have formed and the flesh has softened. Transfer the apricots to a chopping board and cut into wedges.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yoghurt, 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt flakes and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- In a wide serving bowl, toss the couscous, grapes, walnuts, dried apricots, fresh coriander, mint, spring onion and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of vinegar. Season to taste with salt. Top with the braai´d apricots. Serve with the lamb skewers and yoghurt dressing.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.