For more similar awesome chicken braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- chicken wings
- gochujang – this is a red chili paste that is savory, sweet, and spicy. It’s a popular Korean condiment that packs a big punch of flavor in marinades, sauces, and more!
- brown sugar
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- rice wine vinegar
- First, you need to impart as much flavor into the wings as possible. The tasty gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste) based marinade does the job wonderfully, and in only an hour if that’s all the time you have. You can also let the wings marinate overnight if you are prepping them ahead of time.
- When you are ready to cook, fire up that grill. The grilling process is pretty darn basic, cooking the wings up until they are nice and crispy. Note that I do include instructions in the recipes notes in you prefer to baked these in the oven. They come out just as good!
- The marinade that you left the wings in doubles as the sauce! You need to make sure that you boil it down a bit until it thickens slightly. This gives it the right texture, and also gets rid of any bacteria the sauce may have picked up from the chicken.
- When the wings are all crispy, you give them a final brush of the sauce before garnishing them with sesame seeds and sliced green onion. Be prepared to get messy!