A different type of braai salad recipe idea! For more similar awesome braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 100gms baby spinach leaves
- 350gms zucchini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 180gms – 200gms feta, thinly sliced
- 50gms flaked almonds, toasted
- 10gs mint leaves, finely shredded
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp good red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- A pinch of sea salt flakes and ground black pepper
- Rinse and slice the zucchini lengthways and brush lightly with olive oil. Fry on a griddle pan or in a frying pan until golden on both sides and just cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- While the zucchini slices are cooking, bring a small pot of water to the boil and blanch the peas for 3 minutes until cooked al dente. Drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside.
- Slice the feta, toast the almonds (if needing to be toasted) and shred the mint.
- Make the dressing by putting all the ingredients into a small jar and giving it a good shake.
- Just before you are ready to serve, assemble the salad by tossing 1/3 of the dressing with the spinach, peas and most of the mint. Spread this out over a Le Creuset serving platter. Top with sliced feta, grilled zucchini and the flaked almonds. Scatter. Over any remaining mint. Season with Salt and Pepper and serve with the rest of the dressing on the side.