For more similar awesome braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
A Braai Salad recipe idea with a bit of Asian influence, the perfect salad to spice up any braai
- 1 – 2 packets of 2-minute noodles
- 5 cups finely shredded cabbage
- ½ cup finely sliced sugar snap peas (optional)
- 1/3 cup of flaked almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds toasted
- +-2Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 6 spring onions finely sliced (white and pale green parts)
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- ¼ cup runny honey
- 1 x garlic clove, minced
- 1 heaped tsp grated ginger
- 1 – 2 tsp wasabi paste, or one red chilli finely sliced, or a ½ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional to add heat)
- Cut up all the vegetables and mix together in a large bowl.
- Heat the grill element of your oven and break up the noodles onto a baking sheet and toast for about 10 – 15 cm under the grill until golden brown. Keep a close eye as they burn quickly and shake the pan a few times during the grilling process. Set aside.
- Dry pan fry the seeds until they start to pop and turn golden brown. Remove from the pan to prevent carry-over cooking and set aside.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into an empty jar and shake around.
- Toss the dressing, seeds, noodles and nuts together and serve immediately.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.