For more similar awesome braai pasta salad recipes click here! more recipes…
Perfect for any braai. This quinoa braai salad recipe is the best! Everyone loves this healthy quinoa salad made with quinoa, chickpeas, red bell pepper, cucumber, parsley, and lemon. It’s vegan and gluten-free, too!
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 Cucumber, medium
- 1 cup Flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Red bell pepper, medium
- 3/4 cup Red onion
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
Pasta & grains
- 1 cup Quinoa
Baking & spices
- 1 Black pepper, Freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt, fine
Oils & vinegars
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 cups Water
- To cook the quinoa: Place quinoa in a saucepan and add in the water and salt. Give it a mix, put the lid on and bring it to a boil in medium high heat. Once it comes to a boil, turn down the heat to low and cook for 10-12 minutes or until water is fully absorbed. Take it off the heat and let it rest for 15 minutes. Fluff it with a fork and place it in a large salad bowl.
- Make the salad dressing: Meanwhile, prep the dressing by whisking all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set it aside.
- To assemble the quinoa tabbouleh: Place all tabbouleh ingredients in the bowl with the cooked quinoa.
- Drizzle it with the dressing. Give it a toss.
- Taste for seasoning and serve immediately.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!