For more similar awesome braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
The perfect Butternut Squash Braai Salad – made with with Bacon and Maple-Rosemary Vinaigrette! It also includes baby kale and spinach , red onions, feta or goat cheese and red onion. Talk about explosion of flavors perfect for any braai!
- Olive oil
- Dried thyme and rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Red onion
- Goat cheese or feta
- Baby kale
- Maple syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
How to Make Butternut Squash Salad
- Prepare the vinaigrette: In a small saucepan whisk together maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic and rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then allow to boil, stirring frequently, 2 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare squash: Spray a rimmed baking sheet lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Place squash in a mound on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme and season lightly with salt and pepper then toss to evenly coat.
- Roast butternut squash: Spread into an even layer and roast in 400 degree preheated oven 15 – 20 minutes, tossing once after 10 minutes, until tender.
- Toss salad ingredients: to a salad bowl add lettuce blend, squash, bacon, walnuts, red onion, feta and cranberries. Gently toss salad. Whisk dressing then drizzle over salad and lightly toss. Serve immediately after adding vinaigrette.
- 1/4 c.honey
- 1/2 c.reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- Red pepper flakes
- 4boneless pork chops
- Mix together honey, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Add pork chops, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat and cook until seared and cooked through, 8 minutes per side.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!